8 Percent Compensation Deceased Info
Official databaseInformation for survivors of deceased employees/ retirees.
Payments may also be claimed by surviving family upon the death of an employee/retiree. To check if a payment is owed, survivors should also:
- Navigate to our 8 Percent Payment Portal and enter employee's the last name and first four digits of their Social Security number;
- Download and fill out the W-9 form and affidavit here (please note that affidavit must be notarized);
- Click here and complete our Employee/Survivor Form
For best results in uploading all documents, we recommend that the form be completed on your tablet or laptop. The form also requires the following documents to be uploaded:
- Marriage Certificate - for spouses of deceased employees/retirees
- Birth Certificate - for children of deceased employees/retirees
- Supporting documentation - Showing relationship to the deceased - for siblings of the deceased or those who selected "Other"
Regardless of your relationship to the deceased employee/retiree, all survivors will be required to upload the following documents: Government issued ID and Death Certificate, along with the notarized affidavit and W-9 form.
Please also feel free to call our hotline at (340) 714-5010 to speak to a V.I. Division of Personnel representative who can verify information and begin the process of finalizing a payment.