Retiree Compensation Deceased Info
Official databaseInformation for survivors of deceased retirees.
Payments may also be claimed by surviving family upon the death of a retiree. To check if a payment is owed, survivors should also:
- Navigate to our Retiree Compensation portal and enter employee's the last name and first four digits of their Social Security number;
- Download and fill out the W-9 form and affidavit here (please note that affidavit must be notarized);
- Click here and complete our Retro Retiree/Survivor Form
For best results in uploading all documents, we recommend that the form be completed on your tablet or laptop. The form also requires the following documents to be uploaded:
- Marriage Certificate - for spouses of deceased retirees
- Birth Certificate - for children of deceased retirees
- Supporting documentation - Showing relationship to the deceased - for siblings of the deceased or those who selected "Other"
Regardless of your relationship to the deceased retiree, all survivors will be required to upload the following documents: Government issued ID and Death Certificate, along with the notarized affidavit and W-9 form.
Please also feel free to call our hotline at (340) 714-5010 to speak to a V.I. Division of Personnel representative who can verify information and begin the process of finalizing a payment.