In order to realize our goals of having a healthier employee population overall, our wellness program will roll out a number of activities over the course of each fiscal year. Listed below are current programs being sponsored by the GVI wellness program. Please stay tuned as this page will be updated periodically as more programs become available. Be sure to follow and like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gvihealth) to get the most up-to-date GVI Health news!
Participation in our wellness activities aren’t just limited to work sponsored events. In fact, participation in self-initiated wellness initiatives by employees is strongly encouraged. Employees who participate any wellness related activity may be eligible to earn gift certificates, t-shirts, pedometers, duffel bags, sports bottles, raffle prizes and other incentives offered by GVI: H.E.A.L.T.H. and Wellness Program.
Implement initiatives to increase the well-being of all plan members by enhancing all aspects of health, increase awareness of positive health behaviors, to motivate employees to voluntarily adopt healthier behaviors, and to provide opportunities to foster lifestyle changes.
Eligibility Requirements For Participation In Wellness Activities
All members covered by the Group Health Insurance Plan are eligible to participate in the majority of the wellness activities. Covered family members are also eligible to participate.
Preventable illnesses contribute a sizeable financial burden to our insurance plan, our chronic and catastrophic claims increased by 9.6% in fiscal year 2010. 41% of our member population is classified as having a chronic condition; with only 32.3% of that population actively engaged in disease management programs. Currently our preventive care utilization is extremely low. The prevalent chronic conditions present in our member population, which are largely preventable and/or manageable, include diabetes, hypertension, asthma, copd, cholesterol, and obesity. In fact, 75% or $ 72,085,744.01 of the costs to our plan is attributed to treating these chronically ill members. Involving this population in our wellness program will assist in ensuring that they do not join the future ranks of the chronically ill.
GVI H.E.A.L.T.H. & Wellness Program
Key Performance Indicators:
- Establish a GVI healthy lifestyle policy
- Reduce insulin dependence in covered members by 20% in FY 2013 and 20% each year thereafter.
- Achieve participation rates of 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% in Health Risk Assessment by FY 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 respectively.
- Achieve participation rates of 50%, 75% and 100% in “Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Babies” program by FY 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- Achieve a participation rate of 50%, 75% and 100% in Annual Wellness evaluation (Eye, Dental & Wellness exams) by FY 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- Increase participation in disease management by 25% each year.
- Increase the use of generic drugs to 90% by 2014.
- Establish after hours urgent care facility in each district by FY 2014.
- Reduce use of emergency room as primary source of care.
- Develop relationships with local growers, restaurants, grocers to promote healthier diets